Wikipedia, GNU Free Documentation License, author: Free Software Foundation
Wikipedia gives this information about The Weldon Hotel:
The Weldon Hotel is a historic hotel at 54 High Street in Greenfield, Massachusetts. It was one of the first poured concrete buildings in the United States. The first part of the five story concrete and stucco building was built in 1905 as an apartment house, but was converted into a hotel in 1907. F. O. Wells, the proprietor, was thought to be overly ambitious in operating such a large hotel, but his business eventually improved in the 1910s. It is said the name "Weldon" comes as a contraction of "Well Done". In 1914 Wells added a dining room on the north side of the building, and in 1927 added sixty rooms above that addition. The business benefited from tourist traffic along the Mohawk Trail. When this went into decline, the hotel also declined, and closed in 1977. The building has since been converted into a senior living facility. The hotel was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
THE CARROLLTON HOTEL
Capt. M. DeAtley
This may be the Deatley that was an "iceman" in the 1900 census.
Edward M. Deatley
b: Jun 1865
d: after 1930 Washington DC
m: 1886 Alice Mehrling
F: James Christopher DeAtley
M: Marietta E. Price
From the Los Angeles Herald 3 Nov 1902:
(Newspaper spelling has not been corrected)
'STERILIZED BARBER 3HOP A Famous Shop In the Carrollton Hotel, Baltimore, Maryland
The barber shop In the Carrollton hotsl, Baltimore, sterilizes everything It uses In the shop. The sterilizing Is done by heat, the towels, (he razors, the strops, tne soap, the combs and brushes are all sterilized before being used on a customer. (Vhere there Is no sterilization, have the oaroer use Newbro's Herptclde. It kins the dandruff germ, and It Is an antiseptic for the scalp, and for the face after shaving. All leading barbers everywhere appreciate these potent facts about Herpictde and they use It. "Destroy the oause. you remove the effect."
On October 27, 1890, the Maryland Division of the Railway Agents Association was instituted at a meeting held at the Carrollton Hotel. The following officers were elected:
A.R. Hancock, B. & O., President
Jas. B. Andrews, S.F.& W., First Vice-President
Harry M. Burgan, Western Md., Second Vice-President
Wm. J. Smith, B. & O., Secretary and Treasurer
"Brother Cline" attended the meeting and instructed them in the "unwritten work."
Peter Forney Winebrenner and brother David Edwin Winebrenner were listed in the 1890 Directory for Baltimore, Maryland. They were both listed as being in business together. Their place of business was listed as the Carrollton Hotel, Baltimore, Maryland.
The southwestern block of North Pearl and Columbia streets with the Kenmore Hotel in the 1910s.
Photo source: wikipedia
Wikipedia has this information about the hotel: The Kenmore Hotel is a historic building at 74 North Pearl Street (NY 32) in the city of Albany, New York. It was built in 1878 by an African-American, Adam Blake (April 6, 1830-September 7, 1881), and owned by him until his death, at which time it was taken over by his widow Catherine, who continued until 1887.
Adam Blake was named for his father, a slave of General Stephen Van Rensselaer III at the Manor House. Adam Blake, Jr., was considered a "worthy and respected citizen, and first-class caterer for the public" and as the "richest and best-known business man of his race" in Albany County. Blake had owned the hotel Congress Hall on the corner of Washington Avenue and Park Street until it was demolished by the state of New York to make way for the new New York State Capitol building in 1878. Blake then had the Kenmore built on the corner of North Pearl Street and Columbia Street.
In the 1940s the Rain-Bo Room was a famous nightclub in the hotel; it was named for the Rainbow Room in the GE Building of Rockefeller Center in the city of New York. Gangster Jack “Legs” Diamond frequented the hotel and had partied at the Rain-Bo the night of his death after having been acquitted of theft in the nearby city of Troy. The Kenmore Hotel features prominently in many of William Kennedy's books, including his novel Legs about the life of Jack Diamond.
The building was renovated in 1986 into an office building by Walter Uccellini Enterprises (now Historic Redevelopment Associates). After the renovation there was a total of 87,475 square feet (8,126.7 m2) of rentable space. The major tenant, from 1986 until 1999, was the Healthcare Association of New York State, which occupied 62,000 square feet (5,800 m2) on four of the six floors of the building. The first major event held in the building after renovation was the 13th annual conference of the Preservation League of New York State, on April 18, 1986. In May 2008 a new nightclub was proposed for the Kenmore. The nightclub, called The Terrace Lounge at The Kenmore, was to be on the ground floor and not in the two story former Rain-bo Room.